If you want to avoid varicose veins, you must take care of this in a timely manner. The disease statistics are convincingly grim and lead to some pretty scary percentages! Mainly for the female population of the planet. Of course, at a young and active age, your thoughts do not go to varicose veins - life is rich, full of strength, and even the venerable years of your dear grandmother with ugly knots in her legs, oh, what a distance! However, varicose veins are an insidious disease. And getting younger every year. So you need to fight now. As long as the veins are healthy, prevention and time won't take long.
Who needs varicose vein prevention?
All without exception. This is due to our modern pace of life - plenty of tasty and unhealthy foods, low mobility, frequent stress. But the disease also has pets that are at risk of getting sick first. This:
- People who havehereditary risks, meaning one or both parents suffer from varicose veins.
- Representatives of professions that requirelongtime, sitting in a position, professional athletes (runners, weightlifters, etc. )
- Overweight gourmets. . .
- Fashionistas and elegant fashionistas- lovers of tight and tight clothes and high heels.
- Women.We brought females into a separate group, because in addition to the factors listed, the risk status for varicose veins is pregnancy, menopause.
In addition, people who already have chronic metabolic diseases, heart and blood vessels, and tumors are at risk. Secondary varicose veins are dangerous for them, that is, caused by an underlying pathology.
The pharmacy will help - medicines, ointments and other means
The pharmaceutical industry is also aware of the problem of varicose veins. Therefore, in the assortment of pharmacies you will find enough ointments and creams for tired legs and for the first symptoms of varicose veins. Conventionally, all drugs for local use are divided into several groups.
All these drugs are easy to use. Read the note and use it. But don't forget the most important -visit a doctor in advance!
Watch out!We consider it necessary to alert you to the dangers in relation to
magic ointmentsdistributed in various ways: by representatives of some little-known companies, private cosmetologists, online stores. Most of the time, unfortunate medications have very dubious certificates and have not been subjected to any research.
What about popular methods?
Traditional medicine is not opposed to varicose veins. On the contrary, it actively offers many miracle recipes that can alleviate not only varicose veins but many associated problems as well.
Homemade ointments, medicinal decoctions and rubs, compresses and alcoholic tinctures for oral administration, according to the beliefs of traditional healers, will cure you efficiently and economically in a short time. We don't intend to argue, there are many really excellent recipes in traditional medicine. However, as representatives of official medicine, we recommend that you look for a reasonable combination - the use of popular recipes after discussing them with a doctor. And in any case, don't refuse the traditional treatment prescribed by the doctor.
We analyze the diet and configure the foods correctly
The nutrition of varicose veins is of great importance. If you are a serious meat connoisseur and prefer sweet rolls for dessert, varicose veins will love you, don't hesitate. And at the same time, obesity, metabolic problems and many other unpleasant diseases will fall in love with you.
The ideal diet for the prevention of varicose veins is the Mediterranean one. It contains lots of vegetables, fruits, seafood and fish, but almost no meat and baked goods. Did you know that it is very rare for people who prefer Mediterranean cuisine to have problems with ships?
So remember our advice when shopping at the supermarket.
Compression required with socks
An excellent prophylactic and therapeutic agent is varicose compression underwear. Don't confuse them with tight socks - they are different products. To choose the size of your underwear and the level of compression you need, special 3D equipment will help you, in which you will not only be accurately measured, but also assess the state of the extremity vessels.
We do not recommend purchasing and wearing compression socks on your own. Only an experienced phlebologist can determine individual size, adjust the length of underwear use professionally. The issue price is a single query.
Pregnancy: You Can Avoid Varicose Veins
Pregnancy is a physiological process, but the load on the veins in the lower extremities increases significantly. Every mother-to-be should know about this.
- The first thing a woman can do to prevent varicose veins is to adjust her diet as described above.
- The second is enough physical activity. Walking in the air, the right shoes will help your boats.
- Special gymnastics is mandatory for pregnant women. Various foot movements, rolling from the heel to the toes, do not create special physical activity but help the veins. Pregnancy is a time when pillows are especially useful. If you lie down to rest, let your legs rest on a pillow - blood circulation in the limbs will be more active.
- If you were familiar with varicose veins before pregnancy, go to a phlebologist for additional advice. It will select compression underwear for you, tell you how to wear them correctly and for how long.
Varicose veins and the profession: sedentary work and manual work
The predominant number of professions today involve sitting for a long period in one place. More precisely, on the computer. Even if your posture is comfortable and your chair is comfortable, these conditions won't save you from varicose veins. So, follow some simple preventative rules:
- Never sit cross-legged, don't cross your legs - blood circulation in the limbs is hampered.
- Leave the fashion staples for the restaurant and theater - nothing more. The ideal footwear is natural, with a heel of no more than 6 cm.
- Limit coffee and strong teas. Give preference to juices, fruit juices, plain water.
- Make sure you play sports. Swimming is better.
- Rest well and don't overeat, control your body weight.
- Sitting at the table, do foot exercises.
If you can't sit at work, you're on the move all day, don't forget:
- During rest, keep your feet in an elevated position.
- Morning and night, pour cold water over your shins.
- Eat right, don't snack on the run.
- Wear compression underwear as a preventative measure and choose appropriate footwear.
General exercise for prevention
There are many wellness programs for the prevention of varicose veins. Therapeutic gymnastics is used when the disease is already present. If you are sure you are prone to varicose veins, do not include in your morning exercises:
Do the rest for your health!Don't forget to exercise your feet. After all, they can be performed even when you are lying in bed and sitting in an office chair, they work well.
The bicycle, which has recently come into fashion, is an excellent remedy for varicose veins. The pool is also a great activity.
Monotonous work in the country, the transport of bags from the store should be minimized. But make outdoor activities a habit. Follow our recommendations, and the encounter with varicose veins will not happen!